I thought it was worth bringing the update that I’ve made to this blog post to your attention.
In a nutshell, there’s nothing to worry about and everything still works exactly the same as it did.
Just wanted to run off a quick post to sing the praises of the people behind Alfred. I’ve been using the OS X add-in for quite a while now (can’t remember how long – years?) as a way to speed up my interface with the computer and the web. I won’t go into all the stuff it does, as that’s more than adequately covered by their website, and suffice it to say that I think it’s fantastic; I’ve got a custom search set up for greplin and others and find myself using the calculator far more than I ought to. I bought the ‘Power Pack’ upgrade more because I thought the guys deserved the money than to make use of the extra features (although I do use them now I have them, of course); the free version is powerful enough to suit most people’s needs.
Not only is the application good, but I’ve just had some of the best customer support that I’ve ever received. I rolled off a tweet, and within a couple of minutes was in a conversation with them trying out some stuff to see where the problem lay. It looks like the problem may be with Apple’s APIs but I’m more than happy with the response and outcome from the team at Alfred.
If you are a Mac user and have not had the opportunity to try Alfred, I heartily recommend that you do – it certainly fits in the ‘excellence in the everyday’ theme of my blog.
(I am not affiliated in any way to Alfred or the people behind it.)